Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Hobby, Again a Hobby

With summer quickly approaching and various shows taking place, I am quickly realizing it takes a lot of time and energy to first produce quality works of photography and paintings, and second to produce an effective display which will cause individuals to be receptive to the art being exhibited. While the energy and resources may certainly be worth the effort, I am arriving to the conclusion that now is simply not the best time to be going so head strong.

The decision has been made to resign Shanon's Art to, once again, a hobby enjoyed when time allows. There are simply too many higher priorities, all of which deserve my whole hearted attention. This is not to say I will not continue with the commitments I have made. I will still be exhibiting at the Brew' Ha this Saturday, May 21st. I will also have a booth in the Village at Winona Art Fair and Three Rivers Art in the Park. However, I will not be actively pursuing additional dates.

As for the art, I hope to enjoy time creating again and sharing as they are completed. The site will be maintained and essentially utilized to share my hobby with the world, while also connecting with others. The latter is certainly a blessing and most enjoyable.

Take care,
Shanon

0 comments: