Monday, May 23, 2011

Solo Exhibit at Brew' ha Coffee House

The exhibit at the Brew' Ha Coffee House on May 21st was a positive experience. I had the opportunity to speak with a local musician who spoke words of encouragement, especially regarding the initial steps of "being known" as an artist. I was also blessed by the attendance of some family and friends, and I am very appreciative of the connections a couple local artists were willing to facilitate. Most of all, I was extremely grateful for Kay's (the owner) willingness to allow me to set-up and display works.

Always looking for the lesson in every experience, my summary of this event was "now I know what I can improve and how long it takes to set-up the display". However, on a deeper level, I appreciated those who put forth the effort to be supportive and encouraging, as well as solidifying the conviction that time with those closest to me should never be sacrificed for the sake of being a "successful" artist.










By the way, some art viewed in the photographs are not my work, they are the works of local artists who also display at Brew'Ha.

Take care,

Shanon

0 comments: