Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Enjoying Being Creative

Along with the solo exhibit that took place over the weekend, I was also given the opportunity to photograph a wedding. It was intimidating to say the least. I was concerned with capturing the photos the newlyweds desired, and definitely learned some lessons throughout the process. I hope the couple will be satisfied with the outcome of the photographs taken.

After the weekend, I shared my thoughts with my family regarding allowing the pursuit of art to be a lower priority. To my surprise, I was met with resounding encouragement to continue to move forward. My husband and children love seeing the creative process and are inspired to do the same. Most of all they shared with me they love seeing me pursue something close to my heart, and they know I love interacting with the people I have been meeting along the way. With this new light, I envision a more mellow endeavor - but active none the less.

Over the past few days I have also been reminded of several pieces I had envisioned painting: a husband and wife praying, a surrendered believer, joy, light, love, two young lovers embracing one another and individuals given for others. With summer nearly here, I am excited to have time to paint these visions - all while I am spending time with my daughters and inspiring them to be creative as well.

Take care,

Shanon

0 comments: