Monday, June 13, 2011

Time for Family and Creativity

The pace has slowed dramatically, but the foundation has been laid. With the website makeover, payment processing implemented and now “owning” a shop on Etsy, more time is now free to spend on being creative, while spending more time with my children. I have begun to utilize photographs being taken as the basis for painting projects.

Currently, I have begun a piece consisting of ink and soon, watercolor. The vision for this set is somewhat abstract, combined with a contemporary feel. I also have two smaller pieces I will be working on; these pieces consist of a blue bird photographed over the winter and a hummingbird approaching a daffodil. These pieces are being completed at the special request of my daughters. However, I will share the outcomes.

Finally, I am preparing for the Three Rivers Art in the Park art fair, which will be held nearly four weeks from now. A few minor modifications to the booth may be made, but for the most part all is in place and ready to go for this event. My children are excited about working on art projects with me this summer and attending the next art fair. Perhaps there will be a collaborative project in our future?

Take care,

Shanon

0 comments: