Thursday, November 4, 2010

Surrender

I began a piece a few weeks back. Actually, it was started this past spring. The composition will most likely be titled Surrender. The piece goes with the title. It is a self-portrait, but not in the traditional sense. It is a picture of surrendering my life to Jesus Christ, and what that moment was like for me.

The composition of this piece started out as an image I constantly have in my soul, regarding the moment I truly surrendered my life to the Lord. I took a photograph of myself outside, in the springtime. This is significant to the piece, because Spring marks new life. As one may see in the piece, the grass is green and the sky is blue, while the trees appear to be dead in the background. Again, this new life in Christ is reflected by the season in which I chose to be the setting for the piece.

I am anxiously awaiting to see how this piece will evolve, and ultimately what it will look like. Please have a look and let me know your thoughts.

Take care,
Shanon

0 comments: