Saturday, November 6, 2010

Peace

I began this piece a few years ago. I had taken photographs of the Fall leaves and the brilliant blue sky, and was inspired to capture the feeling. That crisp, refreshing "AAAHHHH", that accommodates Fall.

The figure for this composition was also referenced from a photograph. However, I placed it in a corner for the years that followed. Recently, as I considered how this piece should evolve, I became compelled to place the woman in a white garment. This was successfully accomplished, as well as some foreground work - which may take more definite shape in the days to come.

The piece, while it seemingly possesses the same essence as before, now reflects the true Peace I have ultimately come to know in my God. The painting is still in progress and can be viewed here. I believe this oil painting will be better than I had initially envisioned.

Take care,
Shanon

0 comments: